We gotta talk! :-o

I tired searching for info and failed--yesterday was day 21, I heard peeping today, in a quick look all 3 eggs seemed intact. How long do you think it will take to hatch after the peeping starts? (Also, bestie said that the other 2 should respond to the 1 peeping and chime in eventually?)

I want to but the cold has me freaked. Also, the other birds worry me--2 BRs who can be ugly to everything with feathers, and a Brahma who is a cow LOL Their water is frozen right now **pacing and worried**
I brought my hen inside in a big plastic bin so she doesn’t have to work as hard to keep them warm. Maybe you could try that!

With my broody, I just block a little corner of the coop with chicken wire. Keep their own food and water in there and let mama do her thing. Mama will let you know that she wants to take her chicks out after a few days. She will keep them warm enough. And she will become a force of nature if another hen get too close to her babes. There is nothing as sweet as watching a mama raise babies. Calm down, she knows what she;s doing! LOL> Congrats!

With my broody, I just block a little corner of the coop with chicken wire. Keep their own food and water in there and let mama do her thing. Mama will let you know that she wants to take her chicks out after a few days. She will keep them warm enough. And she will become a force of nature if another hen get too close to her babes. There is nothing as sweet as watching a mama raise babies. Calm down, she knows what she;s doing! LOL> Congrats!
THANK YOU! I was wondering if I was going to have a coronary. ROFL Going to be a LOT different when I start hatching eggs intentionally--our light Brahma is going to start giving us freezer birds next year, hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom