We had ducklings hatch today! One very exhausted - advice appreciated! :)

It's going beautifully Lyss
smile.png
We had 43 degrees Celsius here yesterday and I got worried about the little one, but it just splashed around in a shallow paint tray of water, while I supervised, and had the time of it's life
smile.png
No babies yet? your lil one will be half grown before the rest get here. it will really be big bro or sis. LOL

Thanks Lyss :) That's what I keep trying to think - at least we have one cutie :)

I think it's all going wrong under Princess (the girl without a bub). I just saw what looks like a crushed egg under her? I tried to move her a but to get a closer look, but I now have a bleeding arm for my troubles!

This is what I could see - doesn't look good does it

Thanks Lyss
smile.png
That's what I keep trying to think - at least we have one cutie
smile.png

I think it's all going wrong under Princess (the girl without a bub). I just saw what looks like a crushed egg under her? I tried to move her a but to get a closer look, but I now have a bleeding arm for my troubles!

I'd pick up the duckling and get it out of the way a box or something just for a few secs then get those 2 moms out of there go in and close the door and look at those eggs real good candle then decide if it's worth it to let them continue to sit. Or you may have exploding eggs all inside and boy that would be something to clean up and wouldn't want the little one in it.

Thanks Lyss
smile.png
That's what I keep trying to think - at least we have one cutie
smile.png

You need to get that egg.

Thanks so much @Miss Lydia and @Lacrystol

Ok, I went in there with a big long sleeve shirt on and picked up the first Mumma, put her out with the others (she looks quite relieved to be out swimming etc actually) and candled her eggs - they're all bad. The crushed one shows no signs of life and smells. I have left her out playing with the others - let me know if you think that's the right thing to do.

Next grabbed a few eggs from around the other girl (one was horrible, she'll pretty much gone but membrane all squashed, smells and definitely not alive. Went to pick mumma up - though it was off she wasn't striking at me like usual but still pretty upset, and..........out pops....

Back
Top Bottom