We had ducklings hatch today! One very exhausted - advice appreciated! :)

You will be it's all in the experience and support. Sounds like you figured it out about what was going on with her and gave her some peas bless her heart. lol also sounds like she maybe done. Which is a good thing now the training begins. She has to teach these lil ones the ropes of life.
wink.png
Look forward to hearing about the left over eggs and how the lil ones are doing. Sounds like big bro or sis is liking having wee one follow it around.
love.gif
Have fun and enjoy them all.

Thanks @Miss Lydia ! :) I'll update about the other eggs tonight and how she goes at starting her baby training
big_smile.png

Well mumma Coco made the decision herself about the 2 remaining eggs and pushed them out of the nest during the day!

I've just got home and the 2 duckling siblings are snuggling together next to mum so it looks like happy families :)

Well mumma Coco made the decision herself about the 2 remaining eggs and pushed them out of the nest during the day!

I've just got home and the 2 duckling siblings are snuggling together next to mum so it looks like happy families
smile.png
love.gif
awesome now bring on the pics lol
pop.gif

Last edited:
Hehe ok, you asked for it! ;) Here's a couple I took last night and I'll get some more tomorrow :)

I love how the little one is just peeking out from under mummas wing on this one :)

Last edited:
Hehe ok, you asked for it!
wink.png
Here's a couple I took last night and I'll get some more tomorrow
smile.png

I love how the little one is just peeking out from under mummas wing on this one
smile.png

Aww Mum is gorgeous and those little's well they are just too precious for words. look forward to more pics when you get time. She'll probably take them outside after the eggs are removed.

Nawwww such cute pictures. I love the brown of your duck, are the ducklings all yellow? They look like it in the pictures but can't always tell :)

@Miss Lydia she would really really like to take them outside. The entire neighbourhood is now aware of this... I might record her for the next time someone asks me if ducks are louder than chickens! :O but I don't think our set up quite allows for her to take them out yet when the little one is only 3 days old. Her rat, snake & hawk proof enclosure is outdoors, covered with shade cloth and they're in there. She is NOT amused that everyone is freeranging without her :/

Thanks @Orca5094 :) :)

@Lyss Coco is a gorgeous colour isn't she? Yes both the ducklings are yellow, their dad, Duck Norris, is all white :)

I can even see differences in the babies facial features already. I could watch them all day (if Coco wasn't trying to deafen us. And ALL of the chickens weren't singing the egg song in the yard too!)

Last edited:
@Miss Lydia she would really really like to take them outside. The entire neighbourhood is now aware of this... I might record her for the next time someone asks me if ducks are louder than chickens! :O but I don't think our set up quite allows for her to take them out yet when the little one is only 3 days old. Her rat, snake & hawk proof enclosure is outdoors, covered with shade cloth and they're in there. She is NOT amused that everyone is freeranging without her
hmm.png

Thanks @Orca5094
smile.png
smile.png

@Lyss Coco is a gorgeous colour isn't she? Yes both the ducklings are yellow, their dad, Duck Norris, is all white
smile.png

I can even see differences in the babies facial features already. I could watch them all day (if Coco wasn't trying to deafen us. And ALL of the chickens weren't singing the egg song in the yard too!)
Nope too young to be completely free moms don't realize this so just do what you have to until they are a couple weeks old I keep mine inside fenced enclosure for 3 weeks to keep them safe and give them time to grow a bit before the other members of the flock can be around them. Some just let mom and babies run loose but after losing a couple doing that I changed this. I have Muscovy so when they don't like something they don't quack which is a blessing since i have geese who make up for it. Hopefully the neighbors will be understanding[maybe some fresh eggs will help]
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom