We had ducklings hatch today! One very exhausted - advice appreciated! :)

Hi Jen thanks for posting back and letting us see how darling your baby is and grown up so much. Your doing the right thing not sure at this point if you have drake or duck but keeping them separate from the drake for now is the best way, especially since Norris is in hormonal over load being summer. Give the duckling a couple more weeks then hopefully you'll know for sure. Looks like you have a really nice set up for them all.

Thanks @Miss Lydia :) I was wondering that - whether there was a time of year that was more of a 'breeding season'. So after Summer will he likely calm down a bit?

Thanks @Miss Lydia :) I was wondering that - whether there was a time of year that was more of a 'breeding season'. So after Summer will he likely calm down a bit?
Once mating season is over in the fall he should be much more mellow, He still might give Jr some grief but it shouldn't be like it is now and the duckling will be able to handle it much better to. Mine are just starting up so I am getting ready to go through the worst of it. They can sure keep ya hopping. lol

Oh excellent, that's good to know :) He was most displeased with us when we carried him around for a while the other day to give mumma duck a chance to get away from him. He had a bit of a tantrum about being blocked from his girls - on valentines day too! Haha

Oh excellent, that's good to know
smile.png
He was most displeased with us when we carried him around for a while the other day to give mumma duck a chance to get away from him. He had a bit of a tantrum about being blocked from his girls - on valentines day too! Haha
He was humiliated in other words. Those boys and their hormones.. lol

He was humiliated in other words. Those boys and their hormones.. lol

Dude, don't talk to me about male hormones...my hands are bruised all over from my little lothario trying to...um, "surprise" me when I'm napping! How many months does mating season go for, again?
hide.gif

Dude, don't talk to me about male hormones...my hands are bruised all over from my little lothario trying to...um, "surprise" me when I'm napping! How many months does mating season go for, again?
hide.gif
Starts here in Jan ends in Oct. your going to be one big bruise Amykins Need to get lil Wobbles a play mate.
smile.png

Starts here in Jan ends in Oct. your going to be one big bruise Amykins Need to get lil Wobbles a play mate.
smile.png

The window is way smaller for calls, but don't think for one moment that I'm not going crazy trying to find him a female!! For both our sakes!

Back
Top Bottom