We have a pip! *NEW CHICK! TWO!*

Stormhorse23

Songster
12 Years
Aug 22, 2007
Indiana
Big Mama and Peter and going to be parents! Both of which were survivors and now are going to be parents! A pip! A pip! This baby (if it does okay) will be a Silkie/Buff Brahma mix! Can't wait to see how it turns out! Got tweezers and paper towels ready! How long until I know something isn't going right. Is it okay to open the bator to turn the duck eggs cause I did????? I am so excited! I'll get pics later

Last edited:
Remember it can take a chick up to 24 hours from pipping to a zipping out....be patient..... opening the bator will cause the temps and humidity to go down not good when one has already started pipping....

Ok. It quit cheeping and was really quiet a took a tiny chip away from the shell and I think it needed it. Now it is working at it on it's own.

The chick was helped out of her around midnight last night. She is now fluffy and loud!

When one door closes, another door opens.

We lost our old horse today (Around 30 years old) and this chick helped ease that. Just seeing a new little life in place of the old makes me sad for his loss and happy for a life that has barely begun

EDITED TO ADD- her name is cypher!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom