We have a squat!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by colada584, Sep 22, 2010.

1. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    I have 6 hens who are all 23 weeks old. So far, my SLW is the only one giving us eggs. She has been laying faithfully for a week now, got an egg everyday. I am patiently waiting for the other 5 to start laying (they consist of 1 more SLW, 2 BR's and 2 EE's). Today, I was out getting herbs in the garden and one of my EE's Lucy ran right up to me and when I went to pet her, much to my surprise, she squatted!!! Woohoo!! My DH said she squatted for him the other day and when my mom was chicken sitting 2 weeks ago she said that Lucy was squatting for her too! I didn't believe it until I saw it for myself!! Hopefully she kicks it into gear soon!! Maybe, just maybe, then the others will follow the lead and we will have all 6 23 week olds laying!!! [​IMG]

2. tuesdays chicks

tuesdays chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    stuart florida
    Look for hidden nest. And if you think someplace is too low check there especially.

3. colada584

colada584 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2010
    Gardiner, NY
    I looked all around today, and didn't find anything. They are just holding out on me!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by