We have eggs!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by chickie_momma, Feb 12, 2009.

1. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    After what seemed like forever!!!! Yesterday we actually received our first one...but the girl laid the egg while perching and it broke!! So then I revamped the egg box and today we had 5 eggs waiting this morning!!!! I cant wait to get home and see them!!!!

2. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Congratulations! Isnt it a wonderful feeling. I had to call everyone I knew and shouted I got an egg! I got an egg!

3. chickie_momma

chickie_momma Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2008
    lol...I am the same way....it is the best affirmation that i somehow managed to do right by the girls!!!

4. zigzag3337

zigzag3337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Callahan, FL.
    My EE chicken laid her first egg today. It was a little blue/green egg. Like you I called my wife at work and my son was helping me with chores so we ooh'd and ahh'd about it.

I hope tomorrow we will get more from the others as we have 8 EE's and 1 Buff.

5. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats! [​IMG]
    I've been getting eggs for roughly five months now and I still consider each one to be a wonder of nature.

6. jhmoore

jhmoore Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 6, 2008
    Holly, Michigan
    Congratulations! My hens just started about a week and a half ago, and I am so excited too! I think that 4 of my 8 are now laying. It's like Christmas each day when I open that little egg door to see if I have any gifts. I'm quite certain my entire family, husband included, think I'm nuts that I am so excited about eggs. Only fellow chicken lovers get it!

7. bwebb7

bwebb7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2008
    Brooksville, Fl
    I too have been getting eggs for a few months and still think every one of them is a special gift! I bring my coworkers eggs and sometimes I tell them who layed that one or that one! I also tell them that feeding the chooks is not a chore, but a source of joy! If that makes me incredibly simple, I'm O.K. with that!
    These first egg threads are my favorites!

8. zigzag3337

zigzag3337 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Callahan, FL.
    We have 17 hens/pullets and 3 roosters, right now we have only 4-5 girls laying, but I have a feeling it's about to be some CCRRAAZZY activity in the nesting boxes and we are going to have more eggs than what we know to do with.

Congats to all of the egg making factories out there.

9. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Congrats on your first eggs [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by