We have eggs!!!!!!!!!!

chickie_momma

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 20, 2008
After what seemed like forever!!!! Yesterday we actually received our first one...but the girl laid the egg while perching and it broke!! So then I revamped the egg box and today we had 5 eggs waiting this morning!!!! I cant wait to get home and see them!!!!

lol...I am the same way....it is the best affirmation that i somehow managed to do right by the girls!!!

My EE chicken laid her first egg today. It was a little blue/green egg. Like you I called my wife at work and my son was helping me with chores so we ooh'd and ahh'd about it.

I hope tomorrow we will get more from the others as we have 8 EE's and 1 Buff.

Congrats!
big_smile.png

I've been getting eggs for roughly five months now and I still consider each one to be a wonder of nature.

Congratulations! My hens just started about a week and a half ago, and I am so excited too! I think that 4 of my 8 are now laying. It's like Christmas each day when I open that little egg door to see if I have any gifts. I'm quite certain my entire family, husband included, think I'm nuts that I am so excited about eggs. Only fellow chicken lovers get it!

I too have been getting eggs for a few months and still think every one of them is a special gift! I bring my coworkers eggs and sometimes I tell them who layed that one or that one! I also tell them that feeding the chooks is not a chore, but a source of joy! If that makes me incredibly simple, I'm O.K. with that!
These first egg threads are my favorites!

We have 17 hens/pullets and 3 roosters, right now we have only 4-5 girls laying, but I have a feeling it's about to be some CCRRAAZZY activity in the nesting boxes and we are going to have more eggs than what we know to do with.

Congats to all of the egg making factories out there.

Back
Top Bottom