We look like snowy calls but we are not snowy calls....what are we???

Fudgie

Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
North Central Missouri boonies
What kind of duck are we? Our owners acquired us today and they want to know what we are. We are half again the size of calls.

15601_ducks_1_3_08.jpg

Doesn't look anything like my Silver Calls at all..But is a beautiful pair...
love.gif

ETA: Just looked at the link and to me mine look more like the fawn as light gray as they are. The guy said they were silvers though, unless maybe their full color comes in later, they are light grey and white right now...Hmmm!

Last edited:
Snowy Mallards!!! The reason they dont look anything like calls is because they arent. If you look at the head it is more racy and the bill is longer and all. You are lucky, there are many people that said snowy calls were 'extinct' almost. They are in the SOP and all. Congrats on the great find.

they also kinda look like mini silver appleyards... maybe they are a mix? are they loud like calls or quiet?

I was wondering about them maybe being appleyards but have not been able to find a decent picture of any. They are not that loud but they are a little scared still. I will update tomorrow because they are spending the night in the house until we get the spare brooder house cleaned out to keep them separate from the other kids!

I love em they are cute.
celebrate.gif

The ducks (hen) head doesn't show all the color but I would lean more toward the Silver Bantam............they are too big for a Snowy Call, and the bill doesn't have the "all Mallard" shape.

At one time they were referred to as Mini-Silver Apps but now there is an exact mini version of the Appleyards.

Here is a page I have on them:
www.giffsfarm.com/silverbantam.html

giffy
----------------

Back
Top Bottom