I agree with Dawg that there is no tapeworm in the photo. Who told you that? Did they do a fecal float? There might be microscopic tapeworms in the poop with a fecal float, but the picture you showed is not tapes. Below you can see what whole tapeworms look like and in the video you will see what individual tapeworm segments look like moving in the poop:
1690630593718.jpeg

Praziquantel in Equimax horse paste will treat tapeworms. Dosage is 0.05 ml per pound given once orally and again in 14 days. Also the product from Jedds.com I recommended in my first post (post 2) to put in their water also contains praziquantel. That powder in the water is given for 2 days and then repeated after 21 days.

That is NOT a tapeworm in the photo in post #1. I can assure you that I've dealt with tapeworms in chickens over the years and I know what they look like. Somebody doesnt know what they are talking about and doesnt know what poultry tapeworms look like.

Poultry tapeworms are off white in color, are flat and segmented. I dont care if the tapeworms are buried in poop, they are still off white in color.

There are NO segments on the object in the photo and it doesnt look flat and it is not off white in color. It is some type of tubular shaped shed intestinal lining.
Have you seen tapeworm segments slowly moving around in feces?
No, i haven’t

Back
Top Bottom