We Need a copy of IDEALS chick indentification chart!

Little Farm Girl

Songster
Sep 6, 2018
We go to Atwood's every week, but when we look at the chicks we are like:idunno

We need a picture, a list, something to help us know what we are looking at. We found 1 online, but not all of the breeds were on it...and the pictures were so blury we don't even know what we are looking at, lol!
If anyone has, or knows where we could find an identification chart that would be wonderful! Also, we know that our Atwood's orders from IDEAL poultry, so it needs to be a chart of ideals breeds. Thanks!

I just use Meyers Hatchery website to look up information or My Pet Chicken as most sites have the same breeds for the most part with a few differences. I like Meyers because it shows the adults, babies, breed description and egg colors. It does not matter if you don’t want to order from them. The pics are clear as well. I like MPC for their free tools including baby chick identifier Photos for most breeds. Maybe someone else has more.

I just use Meyers Hatchery website to look up information or My Pet Chicken as most sites have the same breeds for the most part with a few differences. I like Meyers because it shows the adults, babies, breed description and egg colors. It does not matter if you don’t want to order from them. The pics are clear as well. I like MPC for their free tools including baby chick identifier Photos for most breeds. Maybe someone else has more.
Oh, that's great! Thank you so much:)

I wouldn't mind to make one, but basically you could just have a list of the breeds, then look up pics on Google of the chicks. Because the pictures provided on IDEAL are just paintings/drawings of the standard. There is absolutely no garantee that the chicks will even look like that, because again, the pics are of the standard bird, and we all know hatchery stock can be very different.

I wouldn't mind to make one, but basically you could just have a list of the breeds, then look up pics on Google of the chicks. Because the pictures provided on IDEAL are just paintings/drawings of the standard. There is absolutely no garantee that the chicks will even look like that, because again, the pics are of the standard bird, and we all know hatchery stock can be very different.
That's a great idea. I will start making one today!

Ideal keeps so many breeds the cart would be HUGE. They breed over 50 colors of Old English Game Bantams alone. Sure would be handy to have though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom