We need a home for a Bantam Rhode Island Red rooster

henfoundus

Hatching
12 Years
Nov 25, 2007
We found an abandoned "chicken" in the park, near death.
Now he's well, and the whole family loves him, but our neighbor wants him GONE. It's illegal to keep a rooster in Oakland CA, so we hope we can find a home for "Pio." He snuggles with kids and women, but hates men. If you can adopt Pio, you'd have the undying gratitude of two little boys, and their parents.
I hope I've go this posted to the right place...
Thanks.
Out of ideas in Oakland

If I was closer I sure would take him in a minute!

Goodluck!

Edited to say: If you are willing to ship I am willing to take him!

Last edited:
My husband and I have been trying to buy a rooster to help protect our ladies and cant find any anywhere!! However we live in Montana! I really wish we could help you out. My 13 year old son would love his very own rooster since the chickens are officially Moms! He wants to know how come Mom gets all the cool stuff!! Good luck in finding a deserving home.

Kathyzak: You have 14 posts with your email addy in them with 13/14 in BST. You say you have no money yet want to pay for shipping a live adult bird? Please check your PM's.

THANK YOU! We've found a home for "Pio", the stray rooster.
Thanks to the Backyard Chicken folks, and Craigs list, too.
We got lots of offers of help and advice, and are pleased to report that Pio is now living in a beautiful coop in an antique barn on a small farm in scenic Winters, California. He's getting along well with the chickens there, and there are kids for him to play with. The farmers gifted us with two baby chicks (the boys have named them---"Huckleberry and Hillary", and we're going to use all the help this site can give us as we raise them. Thanks again.
t.

Back
Top Bottom