L198907

Hatching
Sep 26, 2023
I noticed about a month ago that one of my chickens’ combs was very pale and shrivelled and that she seemed to have less energy than the others. When I picked her up I also noticed that she is extremely skinny under her feathers, like basically a skeleton. I brought her inside and dewormed her as well as the others, and have been feeding her chick feed mixed with meal worms and vitamin powder which she has been eating, although she probably only eats about 1/8 a cup per day. Her comb has regained colour and she seems a bit more cheerful, however she is still extremely skinny and today I noticed that she can barely stand and loses her balance if I just tap her gently. I’m at a complete loss and don’t know what else to do for her, and none of the results on the Poultry Symptom Checker quite fit. In addition, none of the other chickens are sick so I doubt it’s something contagious. We don’t have an avian vet where I live either so we are on our own.

I currently have the same issue. She eats and drinks but doesn’t gain weight. Very sleepy. Topples over by just a tap. Cold. Any updates on what you did? Did it work?

Back
Top Bottom