Weak, can’t stand 10 week old crested legbar mix pullet

Poor girl!
I would just keep up the vitamins and hopefully she improves.
Not sure why she would be getting worse though.
I don't think Marek's is of any concern, as her legs would be completely paralyzed and she wouldn't be able to use them at all.
To make it easier on you, you don't have to crush the vitamins, you can just pop the whole thing in her mouth and she'll swallow. Its easier, and you know she's getting everything from it.
Its good she's still eating. If you want you could give her some meat or fish, it would be good for her.
What a relief to not be Mareks!

I’ll try to give the vitamins whole, and will give her some meat or fish too. Thank you again ❤️ will keep you posted!

I had a chicken like this. it was kind of like she was paralyzed, feed her scrambled eggs and give her water by a syringe, take her away from the rest of the flock and bring her inside or somewhere warm, I put mine in a dog crate. I left her overnight expecting her not to make it through the night but I woke up to find her like nothing ever had happened to her.

@Tookie

Sadly she died this morning 😭 I was giving her scrambled eggs and meat and vitamin water, as well as her Vit B complex and Vit E everyday. I had made her a chicken sling/hammock so she wouldn’t soil herself and was doing ‘physical therapy’ with her legs everyday. Her legs started moving a bit more but she never got stronger. Thank you for all your help. 💕

I had a chicken like this. it was kind of like she was paralyzed, feed her scrambled eggs and give her water by a syringe, take her away from the rest of the flock and bring her inside or somewhere warm, I put mine in a dog crate. I left her overnight expecting her not to make it through the night but I woke up to find her like nothing ever had happened to her.
Yes! Very similar! I did all the same things, and this went on for almost one month but sadly she passed this morning. 😞 I’m happy to hear your chicken is healthy!!

@Tookie

Sadly she died this morning 😭 I was giving her scrambled eggs and meat and vitamin water, as well as her Vit B complex and Vit E everyday. I had made her a chicken sling/hammock so she wouldn’t soil herself and was doing ‘physical therapy’ with her legs everyday. Her legs started moving a bit more but she never got stronger. Thank you for all your help. 💕
Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that. :hugs
You did everything you could and now she's no longer suffering. ❤

Back
Top Bottom