Weak duck collapsed with vomiting and green/black poop

She seems to be doing alright. She can stand up on her own now but can't walk very well.
I gave her some epsum salt dissolved in water to try and flush anything out. I will be giving her some metamusal here soon to try and get any little paint chips out.
She's been eating and drinking water with the vitamins, so that's good. Hopefully she'll pull through, but I haven't heard very many success stories when it comes to lead.... But it's hard to say what exactly she got into without a blood test. I'll update with any changes!

Yes, I'm currently fixing their soon to be duck coop (100 year old shed) which involved removing all the old siding. Our house was also built in 1890, so I'm sure there is lead paint on the original wood siding. As far as removing it, I've done the best I can to make sure any visible chips are gone. They won't be free ranging for much longer once I've finished their run.

As far as her condition... She's much better.
She's very vocal now and is acting like herself. She can now stand, walk, and will probably be trying to fly if I don't get her back with her gals soon, haha. Her poop is still green and watery, so I think I'm going to keep her quarantined until I see improvement on that.
Although still concerning, I'm starting to think that the lead paint chips were not what caused her condition, due to her quick recovery. Time will tell. Thanks for all the advice!!

Back
Top Bottom