Weak figbird

ORuth

Hatching
Nov 20, 2023
Hi everyone,

On Christmas, I started looking after a baby figbird who had fallen out of a tree. It has now grown feathers and up until today was jumping around and perching on sticks. However, today it seems very weak and can barely stand up and is a lot more quiet. It seems off balance. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    990.4 KB · Views: 23
First,, make sure you write that You are not in the USA. Otherwise there is a 100 year old law that prohibits doing anything to help, or interfere with migratory birds. Moderators are required to shut such threads down. I understand the BYC policy, and do not disagree.
Now to help you,,, I can only think,,, is the mother bird coming to help the little nest fall-out??

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,I know you want to help with good intentions :hugs

First,, make sure you write that You are not in the USA. Otherwise there is a 100 year old law that prohibits doing anything to help, or interfere with migratory birds. Moderators are required to shut such threads down. I understand the BYC policy, and do not disagree.
Now to help you,,, I can only think,,, is the mother bird coming to help the little nest fall-out??

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,I know you want to help with good intentions :hugs
Thanks!! No not in US. Had a storm in Australia a few weeks ago and picked up featherless bird from under a snapped of branch. Would have gotten eaten or just starved if didn’t intervene. It looked very healthy yesterday and was getting feathers quickly and now just looks like it can’t stand up anymore.

Unless its parents have been feeding it on the ground, it is probably weak and dehydrated, and will most likely die. We have this often in our yard when young birds fall from the nest. I only move them to the outside of our fence, so the dogs do not get to them, but leave them our to get cared for by parents.

Back
Top Bottom