Weak legs Runner duckling 4 weeks old

Look forward to seeing a video. You can use the B complex over a tasty treat like chopped tomatoes or mealworms something they love so they gobble it right down. Sounds like they have made good progress. Always so good to hear.

@lmalialis how are things going?
Ok, I managed to get a video of them tonight walking out of the coop. The largest with a white band on his leg is the one that had the most issues but honestly he's hard to pick out now as they all getting larger. They all run and walk without issue.

I also have been attempting to guess their sex. Still early but what do you think? #1 is the one having the most issues and #2 was second worst. I suspect they're both drakes 😅

Here is the video

They look good but their legs still looked a little weak. I'd def keep up with the B complex at least till 10-12 weeks old. My ducks are all adults and they still get Nutritional yeast in the feed every day. What are you hearing quacks or raspy voices? A good way of finding out is picking each one up separately and walking off from the rest. Someone is bound to quack.

They look good but their legs still looked a little weak. I'd def keep up with the B complex at least till 10-12 weeks old. My ducks are all adults and they still get Nutritional yeast in the feed every day. What are you hearing quacks or raspy voices? A good way of finding out is picking each one up separately and walking off from the rest. Someone is bound to quack.
Yeah I definitely will continue the nutritional yeast. I'll see if I can get more b complex, I'm in Canada so usually it's only through a vet and I had a friend get me some haha

In the video I held each duckling away from the rest and listened to their quacks. I'm pretty sure I have 3 girls and 3 boys but still early. I find it fun to try and guess 😁 They'll be with me for at least another month anyways.

Where are they going in a month?
I have to rehome 3 of them. I have 3 already and don't have the space for nine ducks unfortunately ☹️ The plan was the keep just 3 from the seven I hatched but when the woman I sold the ducklings to had so many issues with them she gave them back.

Will they be going back to her? If not i hope you can find great homes for them. They really are beautiful.
They will not. I'd absolutely love help finding them homes! I'm in Calgary, AB Canada so I was planning to see if folks locally were interested. There's an Alberta Ducks Facebook group but I haven't posted them yet. I was planning to give them a few more weeks to recover and mature. If my gender guesses are correct I'm thinking to keep one female chocolate lavender lilac runner and one female trout Runner. The hatching eggs I got were shipped from Dusky Feathers Waterfowl and I just got those two breeds but I suspect the yellow duck is a White Indian Runner that got mixed in. I have a white hen already. My husband and I are on the fence about keeping a drake. I tried it before and it wasn't a great experience. My girls are pets and incredibly tame. I enjoy seeing them swim and forage around. The drake would never leave them alone around the pool where they stopped using it and was aggressive with my toddler so we rehomed him to someone who has a hobby farm. I'm not sure if a drake that's hand raised with us would be a little less intense or if that's just kind of their way.

Back
Top Bottom