Weak seeming day old chick

ForFlocksSake

Songster
Jun 2, 2023
North Florida/Panhandle
I had 4 chicks arrive yesterday. All were happy and healthy. This morning one of them seems a bit lethargic. She was sleeping under the brooder plate while the others explored and didn’t wake to the sounds of me messing with the heat lamp above her. I picked her up and she closed her eyes in my hand and when I put her back in the sat for a bit before walking back under the plate.

I have nutridrench, sav a chick electrolytes and sav a chick probiotics. What should I use, if anything, to perk her back up?

I had 4 chicks arrive yesterday. All were happy and healthy. This morning one of them seems a bit lethargic. She was sleeping under the brooder plate while the others explored and didn’t wake to the sounds of me messing with the heat lamp above her. I picked her up and she closed her eyes in my hand and when I put her back in the sat for a bit before walking back under the plate.

I have nutridrench, sav a chick electrolytes and sav a chick probiotics. What should I use, if anything, to perk her back up?
I would check her vent, to make sure there isn’t any poop stuck. Give her some electrolytes, if she doesn’t want to drink it, take a syringe and dap on the peak, to make sure it drinks.
You you also try to see if it wants any wet chick food, or scrambled eggs😊

I would check her vent, to make sure there isn’t any poop stuck. Give her some electrolytes, if she doesn’t want to drink it, take a syringe and dap on the peak, to make sure it drinks.
You you also try to see if it wants any wet chick food, or scrambled eggs😊
Thanks! Her butt was clean but I gave her some electrolytes with a dropper. She gulped it up. Think she was dehydrated. She seems more alert now. I’ll keep checking in her and give some more throughout the day.

Back
Top Bottom