Wearing White After Labor Day

fuzziebutt

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
Winfield
Are we or not? I hear the old rule about not wearing white after Labor Day is out of date, but I can't bring myself to do it. Old habits die hard, I guess.

If nothing else is clean, I'll be wearing white.
lau.gif

I think this is a southern thing,
but I don't wear white pants anyway.
White flip flops maybe. But by the time
I came out of the chicken coop, who would
know what color they were?

Quote:
I know, right? Leaves are falling here, and it's gotta cool off before I start to rake. I have some pretty white blouses, and wondered if I should still wear them. It really doesn't matter, but I just feel kinda funny about it!

What is this white clothing you speak of? Only underwear is white, yes I wear it, but it stays UNDER my clothes.

It really just applies to pant's/slacks and shoes, yes it's an old habit that is hard to break although I must admit I don't own any white pant's or shoes any longer. Here in the south it is a totally disregarded tradition as most around here have the style sense god gave a box of hair. Jeans and t-shirts or coveralls are about as dressed up as they get around here, well they might wash their hands if it's a wedding or a funeral LOL. As a displaced Yankee I still can't wrap my head around the whole dressing down idea or the younger generations ..........I don't care what I look like attitude, soon they will all be dressed as if your in a walmart........... don't laugh..... you know the ones LOL.

So yes no White after Labor day absolutely not.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom