weasey duck?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Tikkajazz94, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I went to deal with my ducks this afternoon (I had to quickly get up and go into the big city for a CPR course) and When giving them their feed, and changing their water. I heard one wease. It hit me that its been doing it since I got them, but now its more noticable and louder.
    Their weren't in greatest health when I got them. (their a rescue). What could help? Im thinking veggies (like a mixed of corn, peas carrots) thaw, with a sprinkle layer of bakers yeast.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    Wheezing is caused by a number of things. Good diet and vitamins, clean bedding and decent temperatures and good water help the duck's general health for sure.

Toxins and respiratory infections can cause wheezing, too. Watch very closely, check bedding and feed for mold, look for any signs of infection.

3. 4hchickmama

4hchickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2012
    You know, when one of my ducklings got his big boy voice, I was worried he was sick, but it turns out....he was just a boy. The raspy drake noises sound wheezy to me. Perhaps this is the case with yours? My next thought would be respiratory infection or, like Amiga said, moldy bedding. Good luck!

4. Tikkajazz94

Tikkajazz94 Chillin' With My Peeps

I changed them from one box stall to another with fresh bedding, new food, clean water (of course), the little one is so much better.

5. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by