Week old Bantam chick trying to attack?!?

mkhenderson17

Songster
9 Years
Sep 8, 2010
I swear Its true! I have a week old bantam chick, Millie flure D'Uccle to be specific. I have 12 chicks total. When I get into the pen and handle ANY of the other bantams, the one Millie chick comes at me and flaps his wings, puffs up all his baby fuz and gets the whole cocky attitude that a bantam roo would have! I could not believe this! Its only a week old! Has anyone else ever had this happen? Its the same chick all the time. Been doing this all the time for 3 days straight, I pulled him out an put him in with the baby turkey poult last night because he was stressing the other chicks out and they were getting flighty.

Anyone have any ideas or have this happen?

Im afraid if this little one keeps it up, even though its a bantam, it will go to freezer camp:/

what kind was your chick that did that? My roo is a millie flure d'uccle. I have a mix of Millies, silkies, and Americana in the pen. All of them are fine except him

It was a Cornish Rock. I have a banty porcelaine d'uccle and she doesn't have the greatest personality herself. She can be downright mean sometimes w/ the other hens. Have to keep her in check. Banty roos tend to be more agrressive to begin w/ but when they are attacking from the start... not a good sign! lol!

I have a mille fleur d'uccle that did that as a chick (lol she was three days old! It was hilarious!) I thought she was a good, protective little rooster (turned out to be a hen, though), so I picked her up all the time so she'd get used to me and stop trying to fight. She soon decided she liked being picked up, and has grown up to be my friendliest hen.
74613_190973_197996786892099_100000453383915_712552_6142841_o.jpg

Here's a pic of the little terror.
gig.gif

Ha Ok well that gives me some hope! lol I have had other bantams and never had a prob (millies d'uccles are my fav
clap.gif
) Thats good that she turned her attitude around. I thought forsure this little thing was a roo but now I guess we still wont know
idunno.gif
. Ill have to keep everyone updated as it gets older.

THANKS
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom