Week Old Chick Bin Chick - What Breed?

Wow! She is super interesting. Looks almost gamey. I would doubt Penedesenca due to skin color and lack of pencilling. I would have to think Olive Egger would make the most sense but she is definitely unique. Please update on egg color in a couple months! @Overo Mare, look at this bird from Meyer Hatchery! Am I missing a possible breed?

She kinda looks like my bb red Old English game bantam but older. I’ll have to get some good pictures in a bit, but I bet that is what she is. How’s her temperament? Just curious

My bb red is only 8 weeks though. How long was she tiny?
Meyer’s doesn’t carry any gamefowl in the standard or bantam size. She’s about the size of the leghorn, but she was pretty big as a chick. She’s real flighty like a leghorn too

But her chick pictures are what’s confusing me.
Hers some pictures of mini

Attachments

• 0F8C978A-8684-4757-B84D-A27D56597FB5.jpeg
    0F8C978A-8684-4757-B84D-A27D56597FB5.jpeg
    317.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 2D7B9C44-2FB3-4C2F-8475-074C211FDC1F.jpeg
    2D7B9C44-2FB3-4C2F-8475-074C211FDC1F.jpeg
    430.9 KB · Views: 5
Wow! She is super interesting. Looks almost gamey. I would doubt Penedesenca due to skin color and lack of pencilling. I would have to think Olive Egger would make the most sense but she is definitely unique. Please update on egg color in a couple months! @Overo Mare, look at this bird from Meyer Hatchery! Am I missing a possible breed?
I have no idea. Completely agree though. Has to be some sort of hatchery mix.

Can you send photos into the hatchery for ID? Not that I trust them much, but would be interesting to see what they say.

I have no idea. Completely agree though. Has to be some sort of hatchery mix.

Can you send photos into the hatchery for ID? Not that I trust them much, but would be interesting to see what they say.
They say breed identification is a service they don’t provide. :idunno Who knows if they’ll even respond, but I can try.

I’d say she’s just an olive egger.

They say breed identification is a service they don’t provide. :idunno Who knows if they’ll even respond, but I can try.

I’d say she’s just an olive egger.
She looks very much like my OE. I just happened to stumble onto this thread and had to share two of my chicks. I’ve wondered on and off about these gals since they started to feather in. They’re about 10 weeks old now, the OE (she was that weeks meal maker freebie) and Partridge Penedesenca both from Meyer. They look so similar, it has had me wondering if Meyer started using Penedesencas in some of their OE lines?
At first I thought maybe I scored and got two Penedesencas, but as they’ve gotten older, the green legs and more salmon colored breast say otherwise. But their back/neck/wing plumage is almost identical
852ECC3E-FE3B-4964-9404-C8C781EE5718.jpeg

The OE is the chick on the right side in the above. The next two pics are of the Penedesenca and last pic is the OE
1295B058-91F3-4222-B659-6B716B0EA7BD.jpeg 487EA913-C140-4974-9A9A-125E77E75A28.jpeg ADA96041-7726-4AE0-84B2-7269380AF6E0.jpeg

She looks very much like my OE. I just happened to stumble onto this thread and had to share two of my chicks. I’ve wondered on and off about these gals since they started to feather in. They’re about 10 weeks old now, the OE (she was that weeks meal maker freebie) and Partridge Penedesenca both from Meyer. They look so similar, it has had me wondering if Meyer started using Penedesencas in some of their OE lines?
At first I thought maybe I scored and got two Penedesencas, but as they’ve gotten older, the green legs and more salmon colored breast say otherwise. But their back/neck/wing plumage is almost identical View attachment 2793114
The OE is the chick on the right side in the above. The next two pics are of the Penedesenca and last pic is the OE
View attachment 2793121View attachment 2793123View attachment 2793127
Interesting. Pretty birds

Back
Top Bottom