Week old chick suddenly limping in one leg?

Just fed her some egg yolk since it's what we have on hand, and she absolutely loved it. I also removed the brace from her leg since she seemed to complain a lot and kept pecking at it. Hopefully her leg resolves itself so she can get back wit the others. Thank you!

Some chicks learn to get around on their own in order to get enough food and water. Some may need to be placed in smaller areas with gentle flock mates and may require a little extra care. Some may not be able to thrive unfortunately. Let us know how she gets along.

Just an update for the chick:
She stayed in a separate box for about 3 days with a friend and her leg got better, and she eventually even jumped out of the little box I was keeping her in! I returned her to the big brooder and seeing that she was knocked around by the much larger chicks, I rotated between letting her stay in there and staying in her own brooder every other day in order to help her socialize but also make sure she was eating enough. She's now back with everyone else and walking great.

Back
Top Bottom