1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Week old chick wit bad poop, new, pleaese help

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Peruvianchick, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Peruvianchick

Peruvianchick Out Of The Brooder

Aug 30, 2011
    :flMy little chick is the only one i have, shes jus over a week and has not been eating well, her poop started changing a few hours ago from solid to an orangey runny mess [​IMG] is it normal? what can i feed her? Whats the problem? Any treats i can give her?

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Here's a link to the infamous poop chart. It may help you figure out if it's normal or abnormal poop. http://www.chat.allotment.org.uk/index.php?topic=17568.0

What
    are you feeding her? She may also be lonely. Chickens are flock animals and like to be in groups...at least three in case one doesn't make it.

(Edited to actually add the link!)

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. Peruvianchick

Aug 30, 2011
    Thank youuu for the link. And i found her in a box with others but shes the only one to have made it [​IMG] im feeding her chick feed and water with a dry meal worm now and then. if i get her a friend from a store, will it be ok? I dont know wat breed she is, do they all get along? [​IMG]

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    It's usually okay to add a chick during the first three weeks, however, you may want to make sure yours isn't sick first. In the meantime, you could put a little mirror in the brooder. That fools them into thinking that there is another chick in there. Also, sometimes a small stuffed toy works.
    How are the temperatures in her box?

5. Peruvianchick

Aug 30, 2011
    Ok [​IMG] and its hover jus above 90 [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by