Week old goslings not eating ?

Laurensnyder555

In the Brooder
May 3, 2023
I have two baby talouse goslings a little over a week old
It seems like they are barely eating their starter grains…(I feed scratch & peck chick,duck,goose starter with the extra niacin) they have have no desire to eat it really…sometimes they eat the pine shavings instead which also worries me!
I’m worried they aren’t getting enough nutrients or calories?
I will say they seem ok otherwise - they seem healthy and full of energy
But there feeder and food bowl (I have tried both - and I have tried adding water for a mash) are barely touched..
Out of concern I added fresh grass which they devour in seconds but still think they need more nutrients right now ?
Anyone have any advice or info about this?
Thanks!

It does strike me as a bit strange that you don't see the goslings tucking into the feed. At a week of age, they are usually eating machines (and their growth rate shows it :eek:).

I also offer fresh chopped grass + chick grit to my goslings within days of hatch, and they, of course, love it, but I also see them frequently eating their feed.

Is changing their feed an option? Maybe they just don't like the S&P for some reason.

Best of luck!

It does strike me as a bit strange that you don't see the goslings tucking into the feed. At a week of age, they are usually eating machines (and their growth rate shows it :eek:).

I also offer fresh chopped grass + chick grit to my goslings within days of hatch, and they, of course, love it, but I also see them frequently eating their feed.

Is changing their feed an option? Maybe they just don't like the S&P for some reason.

Best of luck!
Yes they are getting big already! Maybe they are eating and I’m not seeing it…they are Getting lots of fresh grass & herbs I give them - but yeah I’m thinking I’m might have to try another feed - thank you!

Back
Top Bottom