1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

weepy eyes

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Corey NC, Apr 2, 2007.

1. Corey NC

Corey NC Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    North Carolina
    I have a 2 week old speckled sussex that eye sticks and a cloudly liquid seeps out. It only happens for a little while then it opens but there is still liquid in the eye. What can I do to help the little bitty? BTW she is in with two BOs of the same age that show none of these symptons. thanks for any imput. : )

2. chicknmania

chicknmania Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 26, 2007
    central Ohio
    You can try eye wash for people; the kind you find at the pharmacy; you can use terramycin eye gel too and if the eye is open you can put the gel with a q tip around the edges of the eye and some will seep in; if it's closed I just put it over the whole eye; use both of those twice a day; or I've heard (but not tried this) that you can make an eye wash with terramycin water soluble powder and water of course, and use a dropper. Putting the bird on Terramycin (4 tsp to a gallon of water) in drinking water may help, too. It won't hurt all of them to put it in their drinking water we usually do it about 7 to 10 days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by