Weight loss ?? Normal ??

Chicona

Chirping
May 22, 2022
So my flock is a sussex mix with a Indian game Cornish cock
And my other flock is a mutt cock with now 3 old rir

We had a Lincolnshire buff and 3 welsummers but the welsummers got Poorly sulking and died fast
We had new birds in we rescued brought lice n worms , lice freaked me out the eggs are rock hard but I’ve killed them all and managed to maintain that , feathers are growing back nicely .

Now we suspected worms as our broody Lincolnshire buff sat on eggs at day 12 she changed fast stopped eating went pale , we tried boosting her with molasses eggs spinach blueberries etc yogurts the lot at first she loved it next day refused it next morning she died ,

We suspected worms so got a medicated feed with fabebdazol or something meant to be a good wormer.

When we started with my Indian game we had a corn diet and learnt his breeds meant to be low corn as gains fat fast

He went to 3.5kg fat as hell and we swapped diet he started loosing weight
He’s healthy as comes for hugs every time he sees us he makes me pick him up lol big baby’s he his
He services his girls good n proper but I’m unsure if he is loosing too much weight now or if I am under illusion of his size that he is lol,

Girls are all fat as healthy as and full weight but his fat legs and arse have disappeared in this heat lol he eats n drinks all day

Since being on wormer the poo all look normal now I inspect every day they went from yellow foam and liquid to brown blobs

All the fluff in his photo on legs is where he used to be fat like full grocery store chicken legs now he has skinny legs and fluff lol he was solid everywhere now he’s shaped more like the girls

Am I judging his size by his overweight figure ? Or can wormers make them loose weight ? Seems to be same time I added medicated feed he started loosing weight
image.jpg

710112AF-30BA-41EC-84DF-CF5026FF6DE8.jpeg
A77F167F-EC3D-4A66-AA05-C05A0EF8DE61.jpeg
EF2BAF97-C522-46E2-985F-3A451725D32E.jpeg

This is how the bugger wants to sit all day legs dangling flopped has done since was in an egg lol pecks my legs to come up he’s like a dog haha

Ignore the clearing out had the bandsaw out remaking egg boxes etc as they fight over the 1 box and guess what I made 6 and moved the origional and they stil fight over 1 box haha daft birds doesn’t matter which box ones in that’s the one they will all use today even if I collect eggs lol

Honestly I think he’s fine but I feel he could have a big more weight on himself but gets his diet and all scraps so I don’t know why he wouldn’t lol

He looks fine. Is it possible that (wherever you live) the heat might just make him look smaller? Or loose a few feathers? And I’m sorry about your other birds.

He looks fine. Is it possible that (wherever you live) the heat might just make him look smaller? Or loose a few feathers? And I’m sorry about your other birds.
Could be and think so
However one of his girls is now poorly and I don’t know why made a post on it

The sulfur colored poo is a concern for blackhead disease.

The high fat diet is a concern for hemorrhagic fatty liver. Fat doesn’t mean healthy for chickens. Grocery store chickens are butchered at 16-20weeks old. They are so fat they wouldn’t survive to a year old because their livers would explode.

Did you do a necropsy on your birds that passed? There are how to articles in BYC.

What medicated feed are you giving them?

Back
Top Bottom