Weight loss not enough by day 18, it's now day 19, please help!

FunClucks

Crowing
Apr 8, 2022
North Alabama
I have 20 eggs in a Nurture Right 360 incubator. This is my first hatch. The countdown timer confused me and got messed up and I had to reset it, and so I almost missed that I was supposed to remove the turner today because it's day 18. Eggs were set on Dec 30th at noon, so from noon on Dec 30 to Dec 31st would be day one. Now we're 12 hours into Day 19 and I'm trying to catch up. What humidity should I set my incubator to for lock down? Half my eggs did not meet the weight loss target of 11-13% wt loss.

Eggs were weighed before setting, at Day 13, and Day 18.5. One quit sometime after Day 13, so I tossed it today. Starting weights were 51-67 grams, with most mid-50s or low 60s. 11 of the 20 had weight loss between 11-13% The dead egg had a weight loss of 7.3% and there are two more eggs with similar weight loss (7.5 and 7.1%) so I am wondering if they are dead. They're hard to see into (blue and a few green eggs). Of the remaining eggs one has 8% wt loss, and the rest have wt loss between 9.4-9.8%. What should I set my incubator humidity at for lockdown?

I had my humidity at 50-53% for the first week, then when I checked in on Day 13 the weight loss was low, so I set it to 45-48% to help them lose weight. But they still haven't caught up. I was thinking of setting humidity to 55% or 60% for lockdown. Thoughts??? Dare I go below 60%, or do they need a minimum of 65%?

I have 20 eggs in a Nurture Right 360 incubator. This is my first hatch. The countdown timer confused me and got messed up and I had to reset it, and so I almost missed that I was supposed to remove the turner today because it's day 18. Eggs were set on Dec 30th at noon, so from noon on Dec 30 to Dec 31st would be day one. Now we're 12 hours into Day 19 and I'm trying to catch up. What humidity should I set my incubator to for lock down? Half my eggs did not meet the weight loss target of 11-13% wt loss.

Eggs were weighed before setting, at Day 13, and Day 18.5. One quit sometime after Day 13, so I tossed it today. Starting weights were 51-67 grams, with most mid-50s or low 60s. 11 of the 20 had weight loss between 11-13% The dead egg had a weight loss of 7.3% and there are two more eggs with similar weight loss (7.5 and 7.1%) so I am wondering if they are dead. They're hard to see into (blue and a few green eggs). Of the remaining eggs one has 8% wt loss, and the rest have wt loss between 9.4-9.8%. What should I set my incubator humidity at for lockdown?

I had my humidity at 50-53% for the first week, then when I checked in on Day 13 the weight loss was low, so I set it to 45-48% to help them lose weight. But they still haven't caught up. I was thinking of setting humidity to 55% or 60% for lockdown. Thoughts??? Dare I go below 60%, or do they need a minimum of 65%?
Hello
I don’t incubate chickens only ducks but I know that sounds pretty high for chickens
I run 40-45 till lockdown on ducklings and they are waterfowl
I Know chickens are meant to be lower then ducklings
I wouldn’t bump your humidity up at this point
Maybe bump it down to 30-35 till you see an internal pip then bump it up for hatching
I honestly don’t bump mine up right as I do lockdown only after I see the first internal pip
Hopefully this will bump your thread and chicken Hatcher’s can jump in to help you out

Hello
I don’t incubate chickens only ducks but I know that sounds pretty high for chickens
I run 40-45 till lockdown on ducklings and they are waterfowl
I Know chickens are meant to be lower then ducklings
I wouldn’t bump your humidity up at this point
Maybe bump it down to 30-35 till you see an internal pip then bump it up for hatching
I honestly don’t bump mine up right as I do lockdown only after I see the first internal pip
Hopefully this will bump your thread and chicken Hatcher’s can jump in to help you out
Thank you! Yea, I have no idea what to do. Thanks for your input!!! I may try that.

Back
Top Bottom