weight of your big quail egg

skywatcher

Songster
10 Years
Feb 22, 2009
Arlington,Indiana
Got out my reloading scale thought I would see what quail eggs weight. Well my largest egg weighted at 182.5 grains = 30/06 elk bullet my smallest weighted 115 grains=.270 win.110 hp
there are 7000 grains in lb. & 437.5 grains in an oz.
big egg=.417oz small egg=.2628oz.
eggzact weight no poop on egg shell

I had a gigantic one the other day that was 19 grams! It was literally the size of a small chicken egg. I opened it up and yep, it was a double yolker!

DSC05844.jpg
From left to right: Regular quail egg, My "large" quail eggs, MONSTER EGG

DSC05853.jpg
In the pan

DSC05860.jpg
The dogs enjoying it! (it was cracked when I found it
sad.png
)

Last edited:
I just weighed 3 of my big eggs using my digital postal scale. They were .6oz, .6 oz, and a whopping .8 oz. Here they are. I've had several that were triple yolks. Ya have to feel sorry for the girls when they lay one that big!

IMG_6928.jpg

kingmt ~ That can be arranged...LOL. I sell them all the time. Right now, I'm backed up on orders, but in a couple weeks I'll be caught up. I don't ship the BIG ones, as they don't fit in the quail eggs cartons, and are double and triple yolkers, so wouldn't hatch. But I love getting them, and usually boil those up for hubby.

Wow ugly ducky those eggs are the weight of 350 grains thats a 45/70 rifle bullet weight. Wondering what diameter those eggs are guessing 8 ga. Bore. I bet those quail waddle after laying those eggs. What are you doing with those ducks? lol
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom