Weight on a recovering sickly 12 week old Polish

Backwoodsgirl09

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2021
I have a 12 week old chick that is undergoing treatment for coccidiosis with Corid. I noticed this bird is on the thin side! What can I give a 12 weeker to help her put some meat on her bones?

Last edited:
Corid will not treat coccidia, only coccidiosis. Did you mean she is undergoing treatment for coccidiosis? Regarding weight, look around for some higher protein feed. Scrambled eggs are also a good booster. You can wet the feed that your giving her, she may like this more.

Corid will not treat coccidia, only coccidiosis. Did you mean she is undergoing treatment for coccidiosis? Regarding weight, look around for some higher protein feed. Scrambled eggs are also a good booster. You can wet the feed that your giving her, she may like this more.
That was what I meant🤦🏻‍♀️ Coccidiosis not coccidia. That was my error. I noticed when she got sick her breast bone was poking out awful with my meat around it! Now that she has her spunk back I’ll try adding some scrambled eggs to her diet to beef her back up!

I have a 12 week old chick that is undergoing treatment for coccidia with Corid. I noticed this bird is on the thin side! What can I give a 12 weeker to help her put some meat on her bones?

Coccidiosis is an infection (overload) of Coccidia (a protozoa), so Corid will treat Coccidia overload.

As for putting meat back on her bones, ensure that she's drinking her mixed Corid water and eating chick starter or all flock. A bird that loses weight due to illness didn't lose it all in 1 day and won't gain it back all in 1 day.
Egg is a good treat to give, it would be fine for all the chicks to have a little:)

Coccidiosis is an infection (overload) of Coccidia (a protozoa), so Corid will treat Coccidia overload.

As for putting meat back on her bones, ensure that she's drinking her mixed Corid water and eating chick starter or all flock. A bird that loses weight due to illness didn't lose it all in 1 day and won't gain it back all in 1 day.
Egg is a good treat to give, it would be fine for all the chicks to have a little:)
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom