Weird acting chicken

happy_feets12

Chirping
Oct 27, 2020
Hi,
so i have this chicken she is one year old. She was this days normal but today she was acting weird. Most pf the time she stands like this.
F5DAB9F2-4D31-4E1E-8280-4056591AAF1B.jpeg

Her crop was in the morning half full, she drinsk and eats soletimes but not often how she ate before. When the rooster jumps on her she set in position, then she shakes and goes forward. I lost three little chickens two weeks ago, because they were like this.🥺
Can you please tell me what to do?(sorry if my english is bad)

What is your location in the world? Can you get a bag of balanced chicken feed? Do you have granite poultry grit to help the gizzard grind up food? What do her poops look like? Has she been laying eggs? Coccidiosis or reproductive infection could make them look hunched or puffed up like that. Try to get her drinking fluids. Consider worming her. Recheck her crop early in the morning to see if it has emptied.

What is your location in the world? Can you get a bag of balanced chicken feed? Do you have granite poultry grit to help the gizzard grind up food? What do her poops look like? Has she been laying eggs? Coccidiosis or reproductive infection could make them look hunched or puffed up like that. Try to get her drinking fluids. Consider worming her. Recheck her crop early in the morning to see if it has emptied.
I just order balanced food for her. She can eat granit when i left her out and she always eat it. Her poop was today green-white and later it was cecal(i will take picture of her poop tomorow). Yes she layed and egg today. How can i deworm her is there any natural way to do it?!

How does her crop feel? Does it empty overnight? To worm a chicken properly, you can use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or Panacur/SafeGuard horse paste 1/4 ml per pound of weight given for 5 straight days. Valbazsn is also very good 1/2 gifen orally, and repeated in 10 days.

How does her crop feel? Does it empty overnight? To worm a chicken properly, you can use SafeGuard Liquid Goat Wormer or Panacur/SafeGuard horse paste 1/4 ml per pound of weight given for 5 straight days. Valbazsn is also very good 1/2 gifen orally, and repeated in 10 days.
Her crop was in the morning half full. I will check tomorrow in the morning. If the cropp will be full then it means its impacted? or can be other diseases?

Her crop was in the morning half full, she drinsk and eats soletimes but not often how she ate before. When the rooster jumps on her she set in position, then she shakes and goes forward. I lost three little chickens two weeks ago, because they were like this.
If her crop is not empty in the morning, then begin treating her according to the article below.
Move her or move the rooster. Him mating her while she's not well is not helping her at all.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/

It should feel full or partly full during the day, but empty in the morning. It if it full and hard in morning, it may be impacted, or if full and puffy soft, it could be turning sour. With a crop disorder, they may not be getting enough nutrition and the poop can be green.

Back
Top Bottom