Weird Behavior from My Barred Rock

myawesomepullets

Songster
Dec 8, 2020
South Carolina
So I have a variety of chickens, one of them being a Barred Plymouth Rock. I looked out at the chicken run for a bit today, just watching them (because it's very entertaining!), and I noticed our Barred Rock standing in one spot for a couple of minutes straight, not really doing anything. I think she was looking at something, but I'm not entirely sure. I was wondering if her just standing there is a bad thing.

It’s pretty normal as long as she isn’t doing it constantly. Is she just coming out of her molt? That can cause fatigue but is really no reason for concern.

Is she at or near the bottom of the pecking order? I have one at the bottom who tends to do that occasionally. It like she knows it is best to not get involved in what the others are doing, or they will put her in her place. It’s not a constant thing, but I do notice it often enough. She eats, drinks, and lays fine, so I’m not worried about it.

Is she at or near the bottom of the pecking order? I have one at the bottom who tends to do that occasionally. It like she knows it is best to not get involved in what the others are doing, or they will put her in her place. It’s not a constant thing, but I do notice it often enough. She eats, drinks, and lays fine, so I’m not worried about it.
She's not really at the bottom, actually at the top or second-to-top. She seems completely fine though!

Back
Top Bottom