Weird behaviour from my 6 month old hens!!!!!!

Grace8269

Songster
May 30, 2020
Hi! I have to sweet buff orpingtons, Trisha and Wendy. They are both hens and 6 months old. Trisha lives to sunbathe but she really only does it if I lay with her and she does it on me. She will lay in between my legs in my armpit or in my stomach. Is she just being affectionate? I don’t know what it means or if it anything concerning. We sunbathe together everyday.my other girl Wendy, lays on my stomach, on the same part every day and adjusts herself if she is in a different position or is moved. She will stay there until I pick her up and stand up. She also constantly preens me. Is she being sweet or does she think I am her baby? Sorry these questions are so strange but I would appreciate any feedback!!!

Attachments

• 22CEF94C-56D8-4AE6-8DD6-0CA23306845D.jpeg
    22CEF94C-56D8-4AE6-8DD6-0CA23306845D.jpeg
    491.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 54912150-197E-42B0-84E7-FC1A6AAD1FC7.jpeg
    54912150-197E-42B0-84E7-FC1A6AAD1FC7.jpeg
    731.3 KB · Views: 6
Hi! I have to sweet buff orpingtons, Trisha and Wendy. They are both hens and 6 months old. Trisha lives to sunbathe but she really only does it if I lay with her and she does it on me. She will lay in between my legs in my armpit or in my stomach. Is she just being affectionate? I don’t know what it means or if it anything concerning. We sunbathe together everyday.my other girl Wendy, lays on my stomach, on the same part every day and adjusts herself if she is in a different position or is moved. She will stay there until I pick her up and stand up. She also constantly preens me. Is she being sweet or does she think I am her baby? Sorry these questions are so strange but I would appreciate any feedback!!!
Aw, my BO Twinkie loves being coddled too! :loveI think if you give them lots o' love, BOs will be your best friends. She doesn't think your her baby, she just loves the attention! :hugs

They clearly love their Momma Chicken very much :love . I have one BO and she likes lap time, but my Buckeye will tuck her head under my arm, flop over, and flap out her wing. And most of my chickie-poos would mock dust-bathe in my lap when they were babies. This type of behavior, to me, is totally normal for us Chicken Whisperers :wee.

You’ve just got yourself a comfortable and friendly lap chicken. Enjoy. They are few and far between. It’s not the same as the loyalty of a cat or a dog, but I do think they enjoy our company. I often see chickens sunbathing together, so I suppose we are a part of their flock in a similar manner.

I’ve got myself a lap chicken too. She’s a sweetie.

Attachments

• ED8079C6-A6A4-44B0-BC65-C697BC1634BD.jpeg
    ED8079C6-A6A4-44B0-BC65-C697BC1634BD.jpeg
    429.3 KB · Views: 6
They clearly love their Momma Chicken very much :love . I have one BO and she likes lap time, but my Buckeye will tuck her head under my arm, flop over, and flap out her wing. And most of my chickie-poos would mock dust-bathe in my lap when they were babies. This type of behavior, to me, is totally normal for us Chicken Whisperers :wee.
Now I gotta go hug them!!!! ♥️

You’ve just got yourself a comfortable and friendly lap chicken. Enjoy. They are few and far between. It’s not the same as the loyalty of a cat or a dog, but I do think they enjoy our company. I often see chickens sunbathing together, so I suppose we are a part of their flock in a similar manner.

I’ve got myself a lap chicken too. She’s a sweetie.
SHES GORGEOUS!!!

Back
Top Bottom