Weird Behavoir In Rooster And Hen?

Imaginary_Crowd

Hatching
9 Years
Dec 28, 2010
So, I have a Rooster and Hen [The Rooster's name is Chocobo and the Hen's name is Blitz] And Blitz is an absolutely LOVELY Hen. She loves being petted and such.
Chocobo on the other hand... Well, you have to be 'worthy' to pat him, if you know what I mean.
But he's been like that since a little baby Chick...

But lately, they've both been acting strangely... Chocobo has started trying to rip the sheet on my bed, on my mums bed, on pretty much anything, to bits. He bites at it, claws at it, tugs on it. He's always done it, but lately it's been a lot more aggressive. At first, my mum and I thought he was just playing around with it, and it was just something he did. But as I said, it got extremely aggressive. But it only seems to be in the morning, when he's inside [Since we live in town, and we didn't know he was going to be a Rooster, we keep him inside until the neighbors and all are up, so they don't complain about the noise. My mum and I can't give him away, because he's part of the family, and we wouldn't know what to do without him...] And he also keeps trying to charge at me. whenever I go in to my room to grab something, he's always waiting at the door, waiting for me to come out, just so he can chase me around and peck my feet! He doesn't do it to my mum, though... Because she kind of smacked him when he first pecked her, and that taught him. But I don't want to smack him, because I'm afraid I'll hurt him. D:

Blitz, on the other hand, has just been acting... Drunkenly... I let her out of the cage this morning, since we leave her and Chocobo in a cage of a night time, and let them out during the day. So when I let her out of the cage this morning, I went to pat her and make sure everything was alright, when she started to stumble around! I put my hand on her to support her, but her head seemed to move to the side slightly, and she tried to walk but kept stumbling. She's never done this before, and I'm a bit worried something is wrong with her... She only seemed to start doing it this morning, though. Is there something wrong, or is this normal for a chicken who has just woken up?

Back
Top Bottom