weird bump on my goats shoulder???

sdshoars

Songster
11 Years
May 12, 2008
Texas
one of my doelings developed a nickle sized bump on her left shoulder about 2 weeks ago. it has not gotten any biggre, but has not gotten any smaller, and it does not hurt her, i can touch it, push on it, and she is fine. we decided to leave it alone until the vet came back through town in three weeks unless it got worse. well she is the same, but now my wether has developed one on the same spot, same shoulder, they are practically identical! they do not have any wounds, and have been wormed with ivermectin, and have had cd/t vaccinations. i was wondering if anyone had any idea what this might be???

it could be, i gave them their cd/t in the shoulder sq, like i was told to. but the bumps did not develop for at least two weeks after the shots? could that still be the case?

When I spoke to my vet about SQ vs. IM he told me definately SQ because both ways can cause granulation (sp) and SQ if it stay it can be removed and IM it could cause problems down the line. Very well could be a granulation nodule issue from the Vac., and they do not always go down by themselves.

Its probably from the shot as you didnt get it all the way thru the skin. I have had it happen before and sometimes they go away and sometimes they dont. At shows this way when you shave it at least you know they had their shots. Just watch it and try to remember where it is and if its not getting bigger or smaller I bet its the shot.

it is not where the neck joins the shoulder, its on the should where i can the vaccination. it sounds like granulation to me. i was wondering why i was told sq, because the label said IM. but now i am glad i listened because i can have the vet remove it if i need to! thanks guys/

Yup, I started giving vaccinations SQ, too, until I found the bumps and freaked a little myself. I now do them IM in the thigh...I just don't like the bumps.

helmsted- did the bumps go away on their own? i dont like them either, but if that can happen when you do it IM i dont want to do it that way either! i am trying to get ahold of the traveling vet, see if they can do it?

Back
Top Bottom