Weird button quail crowing

T3rrorToff33

Chirping
Nov 27, 2021
Mini update on my new flock members, the male started calling the new girls when I give them food now!

Weird thing is though, he stopped crowing for 2 days after the girls were introduced and randomly started again at 3AM tonight. But the crow wasn't the typical 3 tone one but rather just one long tone ???

Anyone know if that means something different from the regular crowing?

Was it the loud hissing call? or the long high pitched scream?
I was playing your video when all of my button boys started answering him!
QuailLove.png

Mini update on my new flock members, the male started calling the new girls when I give them food now!

Weird thing is though, he stopped crowing for 2 days after the girls were introduced and randomly started again at 3AM tonight. But the crow wasn't the typical 3 tone one but rather just one long tone ???

Anyone know if that means something different from the regular crowing?
The 3 tone is there call, you can even mimick it as babies and they learn ur 3 tones and answer back, the grrrrr growl and the long crow is mate calling

The 3 tone is there call, you can even mimick it as babies and they learn ur 3 tones and answer back, the grrrrr growl and the long crow is mate calling
he is a little over one year old, he used to do the 3 tone, up until i introduced him to the new hens. UNLESS one of my hens actually IS a roo and thats "her" crowing i wouldnt see a reason that he would just change his crow in the span of a week

Back
Top Bottom