Weird button quail crowing

They also answer my stove's timer.

Amalthea's been making that sound. She's sitting on a mound of eggs, but she's not sitting consistently, so I don't expect chicks.
Sounds like Vlad put a heat lamp over it and it might encourage her that's how I got Vlad to hatch her batch, shana is fine on her own, so happy we got her from u nabiki

I heard that long call for the first time yesterday, we have cot males crowing inside, and lots of the 3 tone buttons, but that long call set my dogs off! They went crazy, running barking, leaping on the furniture, just insane.

I heard that long call for the first time yesterday, we have cot males crowing inside, and lots of the 3 tone buttons, but that long call set my dogs off! They went crazy, running barking, leaping on the furniture, just insane.
Oh lord, luckily my dachshund is just massively dramatic an starts crying instead of going into home protection mode. At this point he'll start to cry when he hears my roo growl

While looking for a video of their calls, all mine went crazy calling also, same thing happens if I play Bobwhite calls and Blue quail calls...for the Bob's or if I whistle the calls. Some of my pens have so much vegetation I can't see them but if I play an audio, they answer back.

The pew, pew, pew call and the growling/hissing call are mating calls. The long screaming call I haven't figured that one out...yet!...don't know if it's a 'hey, I'm here' or if it has some other meaning?

Last edited:
Oh lord, luckily my dachshund is just massively dramatic an starts crying instead of going into home protection mode. At this point he'll start to cry when he hears my roo growl
I don't blame him!!! :lau the very first time I ever heard the hissing call was when I was about 11 years old and at 3:00am. Was sound asleep and was awakened by it....scared the begesus outta me! :lau I thought there was some 'B movie' monster loose in the house! :gig

Back
Top Bottom