Weird eggs

Leecie

Songster
Jan 11, 2011
Berkeley,Calif
I have a couple black copper marans lately so e of their egss looked tye dyedish. What is going on with this discoloration of the eggs?
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    413.9 KB · Views: 8
Spinning her egg in the shell gland?
The egg turns(I think) in the shell gland while shell is being formed and coated.
Might be I was just making a play on words.
ETA. OK, the egg doesn't actually spin in the shell gland, so inconsistencies of shelling and coating may be because certain parts of the shell gland work better than others...but, I really don't know, sorry.
I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:

The egg turns(I think) in the shell gland while shell is being formed and coated.
Might be I was just making a play on words.
ETA. OK, the egg doesn't actually spin in the shell gland, so inconsistencies of shelling and coating may be because certain parts of the shell gland work better than others...but, I really don't know, sorry.
I think it's explained in this excellent video, which is worth watching regardless:
Wow how Interesting! I have had chickens for 12 years and not being a science person never thought about it! Thank you so much!😃🐓Leecie
!

Back
Top Bottom