Weird flock issues, is something wrong with my yard?

Pics
I had a friend who was a landscaper that I begged not to use it because I'd read so may horrible things about it so he didn't use it on my yard but continued using it other places.Now his family has filed a lawsuit and he is dead from the chemicals his lungs were exposed to.
That is tragic.

Thanks for your feedback.
The chick feed I use is by a company called Kalmbach and I use it because it’s full of essential oils and supply’s the birds with pre/probiotics which I feel can’t hurt them right?
And I wondered about the chemicals. I will definably keep an area where the birds can graze free from chemicals.
I am terribly sorry you're going thru this and hope you find the cause of their deaths soon! My barred Dominique chicks were hatched April 7th and fed the same medicated feed from the same company and they're alive and well. I suspect your chickens have been exposed to toxic chemicals but haven't a clue what it could be. Herbicides can become toxic if used in certain weather conditions,certain wind conditions,certain soil conditions or when mixed with other chemicals(accidentally or intentional)They can also cause illness and death if they get in the potable water supply.https://www.merckvetmanual.com/toxicology/herbicide-poisoning/inorganic-herbicides-and-organic-arsenicals-toxic-to-animals

Back to the OP, you said CORID helped for a while. I would try treating the whole flock at the recommended rate and do the follow-up treatment in a few weeks. There is not way to kill coccidia in the soil except drying and sun eposure, although good sanitatin helps. You can only hope they develop their immunity before there is another outbreak.

Yes, there is always a possibility of toxicity. But the possibility of toxicity may be a red herring in this instance. Do the obvious stuff first.

I agree. I will never use roundup or have my animals near it or eating anything that has been sprayed by it. There have been many instances of cancer being linked to Roundup, and my parents who live next to someone who sprays had 2 dead wild birds (robins) on their lawn shortly after the neighbor sprayed. I’ll take the weeds and anything else that goes along with a clean yard. ❤️
It took removing the dirt in my backyard and replacing it with fresh soil before my Basset hound got better after he was diagnosed with Coccidiosis. (not the same strain as what chickens get)Soil that doesn't get full sun and stays damp can't be treated effectively.

Back
Top Bottom