Weird goose behavior

Tammie_1972

Chirping
May 7, 2020
I have a barely turned 1 year old chinese goose who in the past 3 days has started having diarrhea and having some sporadic really aggressive behavior. He also doesn't like to bath all the sudden. He is an indoor pet and our only goose so he isn't exposed to much. I realize it's mating season, so that may explain the aggression, but what could be causing the rest? No appetite change or drinking change and I just put apple cider vinegar in his water.

I have a barely turned 1 year old chinese goose who in the past 3 days has started having diarrhea and having some sporadic really aggressive behavior. He also doesn't like to bath all the sudden. He is an indoor pet and our only goose so he isn't exposed to much. I realize it's mating season, so that may explain the aggression, but what could be causing the rest? No appetite change or drinking change and I just put apple cider vinegar in his water.
Get it out of the house. it’s a goose, not a dog. He needs to be in his natural habitat.

Yeah we have other pets, he was raised with them and he goes outside with us almost every time we do. He has access of the house as long as we are home and stays by me. He's been attached to me since he was a hatchling. If I get out of his sight, he goes bonkers. But right now he just doewn't feel good and that's what I'm trying to figure out. Being away from me when he knows I am home stresses him.

I have a single goose as well. He lives outside in my back garden but can see me from the window almost all the time (I work from home). He really likes biting rope dog toys that I have attached all around the garden. He also has a bath he can swim in whenever he wants. We also take him outside for walks to areas with water and grass a couple of times a week and he always follows me. I don't think a single goose is unhappy if you give it enough attention.

I found out he was moulting. He's back to his chipper self. Happy as a clam. I was really worried though. I'm gonna have to get his some rope toys.

Back
Top Bottom