weird hen behavior

skazzy

In the Brooder
Oct 22, 2020
so recently one of my hens started laying but it’s having weird behavior all of a sudden she wants to be by herself and she hides in my shed and stays there and doesn’t hang out with the others and when i try to make her regroup with everyone she goes back to the shed any reason for this?

Is someone or something messing with her eggs? I had a hen who only laid her eggs in the bag of straw I had in my utility room All by herself. If anyone or anything saw her she would pretend not to lay. I think she was just trying to find a safe spot for her eggs away from the rest. She did that more as a newly laying hen and eventually laid in the boxes with the rest. I chalked it up as new momma behavior.
Also, is she coming out at all? Or trying to stay in there all day?

Is someone or something messing with her eggs? I had a hen who only laid her eggs in the bag of straw I had in my utility room All by herself. If anyone or anything saw her she would pretend not to lay. I think she was just trying to find a safe spot for her eggs away from the rest. She did that more as a newly laying hen and eventually laid in the boxes with the rest. I chalked it up as new momma behavior.
Also, is she coming out at all? Or trying to stay in there all day?
she has come out and started to hang out with the others i do know that my hen laid her first egg and one of them ate it so i think she is trying to protect/hide her eggs

Back
Top Bottom