Weird hole in egg shell?? (Pics)

Wow, never have seen anything like it.
hmm.png

The egg shell forms itself to the shape of the uterus so I'm quessing the uterus may occassionally have a piece of the previous egg stuck to it or maybe a fibrioid tumor that comes & goes as the hens hormones fluctuate. This is all speculation .
big_smile.png

I have a chicken that just started laying eggs with holes in them. She has been laying for a while. The hole has thinned (feathered) egg shell progressing up to the hole, so it is not pecking / stepping damage. I am familiar with those. The membrane in the egg is intact. They are on egg layer pellets. Anyone know what causes and how to cure this????

HI. Can anyone tell me what causes this abnormal hole in the egg shell. The inner membrane is not broken and the yolk/white are ok. On the outer edge of the hole there's a raised calcification. Just curious, I get one egg like this each month. THANK YOU!
51807_124.jpg
51807_123.jpg
My eggs look the same way, but there are brown spots inside the holes. Even some eggs that don't have any holes in them- once I boil them and crack them, they still have the brown spots inside. Also they smell and taste like chicken poop. Only thing I can guess is maybe the mites are getting in the eggs. Our chickens have mites.
IMG_2713.jpeg
IMG_2712.jpeg
IMG_2711.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom