Weird-looking bantam chick. ID thoughts?

danceswithronin

Crowing
May 24, 2018
Alabama
So this was the only color of this bantam chick in the straight run Assorted Bantams bin at Rural King so it stuck out to me and I chose it along with a white silkie chick and what I think is a mottled cochin. But going through the bantam breeds I can't find any chick that looks quite like this one. Super fuzzy feathered feet.

My best guess is some kind of hatchery-grade Mille de Fleur d'Uccle, but it's a shot in the dark and I haven't seen any d'Uccle chicks with this weird stripe down the back. It's also too light-colored to match up with any of the OEGB chicks I've seen. Looks too pale to be most of the partridge breeds I've seen, and too dark/striped to be a buff.
Mystery Bantam.jpg

Brown Bantam 2.jpg

Im not sure but its got gorgeous buff coloring and its so cute
Thanks! Super beautiful markings, I'm excited to see how she/he feathers out but perplexed as to what breed they're supposed to be since the people at RK had no idea and the chick didn't look like any other chick in the bin, which leads me to wonder whether or not it was mislabeled. It's noticeably larger than the other bantam chicks too (but smaller than my standard fowl chicks).

It also looked nothing like any chicks in any of the other bins at the store either.

Thanks guys! My dad will be psyched, he loves silkies and has groused ever since I gave my original flock of them away to start a new flock of large fowl breeds, lol. I wasn't suspecting silkie but now that you say that the face does look very much like one. I just checked the toes and there are five, so winner winner chicken dinner! :D

So this was the only color of this bantam chick in the straight run Assorted Bantams bin at Rural King so it stuck out to me and I chose it along with a white silkie chick and what I think is a mottled cochin. But going through the bantam breeds I can't find any chick that looks quite like this one. Super fuzzy feathered feet.

My best guess is some kind of hatchery-grade Mille de Fleur d'Uccle, but it's a shot in the dark and I haven't seen any d'Uccle chicks with this weird stripe down the back. It's also too light-colored to match up with any of the OEGB chicks I've seen. Looks too pale to be most of the partridge breeds I've seen, and too dark/striped to be a buff.
View attachment 2703811
View attachment 2703812
Buff silkie!

Back
Top Bottom