Weird lump on hens comb

Chickenma2021

Songster
Aug 15, 2021
Ontario, Canada
My oldest hen Thelma has this weird bump on her comb. I'm not sure what it is and shes never been picked on, so I dont think it's from that. Is it Fowl Pox?? What do you think it is?
20211016_165313(0).jpg

Last edited:
It is possible that it is fowl pox, but normally there are other lesions. Are you located in a warm area where mosquitoes are out?

If there are no mosquitoes and you have not seen more bumps, then I would assume that it is a small cyst or even a peck wound that has formed an abscess. Is it hard or soft? I would keep an eye on it for any growth or changes. If you lance it with a sterilized sewing needle, you could see what comes out when it its squeezed.

If there are no mosquitoes and you have not seen more bumps, then I would assume that it is a small cyst or even a peck wound that has formed an abscess. Is it hard or soft? I would keep an eye on it for any growth or changes. If you lance it with a sterilized sewing needle, you could see what comes out when it its squeezed.
It is hard. Should I be squeezing it?? Its began to get a bit yellow on the surface. If I do get a sewing needle, should I sterilize it with rubbing alcohol or boil the needle?

Last edited:
I squeezed it, and nothing came out but a bit of blood. It seemed to firm anyways. I'm thinking it could just be a small cyst or something that I cant get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom