Weird phobias?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Camelot Farms, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Camelot Farms

Camelot Farms Chickenista

I am freaked out by those floor mats in front of doors that are like spikes and when you step on them they squish under you feet.

I step over them when I can but the one at DD's school is 4 feet wide....if anyone watched me leap over it, they would have thought I was very loopy.

I have vertigo so when I step on them, it makes me feel like I am off balance....lol

2. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    I have a weird fear of horses in people's avatars... [​IMG]

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I am afraid of earthworms. Snakes OK, caterpillers OK - nightcrawler in hand will get screaming and running and will get you locked out of my house.

My husband used to think it was funny to tease me with them.

4. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    It's not weird in that it's fairly common, but it's weird in how it happened.

I am DEATHLY afraid of spiders. I hyperventilate and can't breathe. I have to run from the room.

How it happened:
    When I was younger we had issues with fiddlebacks. During the day they would run across the room towards me even when I jumped on top of a table. At night, they would crawl across my face on my bed.

Even now, I'm the ONLY one that gets spiders that chase them and crawl on the bed. It's ONLY on my side of the bed that this happens. I have no idea why but I run and make the bf kill it. He doesn't understand it. I can kill a snake, hold a snake, hold a tarantula, but when a spider is actively seeking me out...I freak and run.

It also only seems to be the ones that are walking across the floor, bed, chair, etc. that get me. If i see one in a web, I'm mystified and will watch it...

5. Dragonfly Ranch

Dragonfly Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2009
    Happy Valley, CA
    There is NO WAY that I ever let my arms or legs hang over the edge of the bed! The closest door has to shut too! It has been that way since I was a kid.

6. ksacres

ksacres At Your Service

Nov 16, 2007
    San Antonio TX
    Quote:Me too. I also have to have at least a sheet over me-in case I need to hide!

7. Picky Chicky

Picky Chicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Holly Grove, VA
    My silliest phobia is similiar to Dragonfly's - I absolutely won't allow any appendages hanging outside of the covers!

My closest friend has a deathly fear of slugs. [​IMG]

8. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    My mom has a bird phobia. [​IMG] I've been working on that. Most phobia's stem from childhood trama (not all). I have a developed fear of heights,after working as an Arborist for 3 years. I use to free climbed trees that reached over 150 foot with a chainsaw,pole saw,handsaw and 10# of 5/8 rope hooked to my side. I fell from the top of a 30 foot tree once. My pole saw was hooked to a 4 foot lanyard which saved my life when it speared into the ground & snapped. Anyways,that lead to bad dreams & night sweats. Now the scariest part of movies are were they give you that view from the roof of a skyscraper,& the person is holding on with there finger tips. I know that feeling, & prefer to keep my feet firmly on the ground.

9. lauralou

lauralou Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 10, 2007
    Central Virginia
    I'm afraid of styrofoam. [​IMG]

Especially styrofoam coffee cups. Just thinking about my teeth touching styrofoam gives me the shivers!

10. PeepsInc

PeepsInc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2009
    NY Tri State region
    Quote:[​IMG] I'm sorry, I dont mean to laugh but thats funny.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by