Weird poo?

corthendo

Chirping
May 22, 2023
My chicks have been pooping like normal and one of my chicks just pooped a lot of water. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 27
Are they getting too hot?
I am pretty vigilant about watching the temp in the brooder. They are 2 weeks old and I’m keeping them at 85 degrees. But they are in a small space. I’m not sure if I should just shut off the heat lamp during the day, it’s pretty warm in WA right now.

I am pretty vigilant about watching the temp in the brooder. They are 2 weeks old and I’m keeping them at 85 degrees. But they are in a small space. I’m not sure if I should just shut off the heat lamp during the day, it’s pretty warm in WA right now.
85 is too hot, back it off 10 degrees or turn it off during the day like you were thinking.

I had one chick out of 9 that was always drinking a lot of water and had poos that looked kind of like that. She was seemingly just a glutton for water. There were no health issues I could ever find. For a while I did have to keep her back feathers trimmed, wash and blow dry her behind once or twice a week and when it got cold had to treat her for chapped behind because of the wet poos and cold weather. She eventually grew out of it and is fine, healthy and lays regularly.

Back
Top Bottom