Weird poop, some advice please

LozzyR

First of her name, mother of chickens.
Premium Feather Member
Mar 30, 2019
NSW, Australia
Hello

I saw this weird poop today and I thought I had better get some advice on it. I have five hens so I’m not sure who did it, but I have an 18 month old Australorp who is going through a heavy moult, so I’m wondering if it’s her. She hasn’t been as interested in the commercial feed, but eating lots of grass. I put Piperazine in the water a few days ago but I know that only really treats roundworm. I’m thinking I should dose them with Avitrol Plus since no-one is laying at the moment. Last night’s bed poops all looked normal.

Thanks in advance!

06AF621A-C5A3-4A51-A384-5D61E140053B.jpeg

birdsrfun

Songster
Aug 22, 2013
S.F Bay Area
Even before reading your post I saw the picture and my first thought was grass. Then, reading your post confirmed it. Are your hens getting enough grit? I would think that the grass should be more digested than that.

Are the white streaks what’s concerning you? It seems that’s what I’m seeing.

LozzyR

First of her name, mother of chickens.
Premium Feather Member
Mar 30, 2019
NSW, Australia
Hi @birdsrfun , thanks for your response. They probably aren’t getting enough grit, I might start putting it in the feed again. I stopped because they looked like they were eating around it, but if I put it back in they might accidentally eat it. :D Bed poos looked ok again but I will worm them anyway as they have exposure to wild birds.

Top Bottom