Weird poop

Annalyse

Crowing
Mar 24, 2020
New Jersey
One of the chickens, I think one of the hens pooped out this. It kinda of froze up but it looked like there was hair in it but I'm thinking it was straw as I've seen them eat full strands of straw.

Attachments

• 20210219_143634.jpg
    20210219_143634.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 14
Looks almost like partially digested rope or string. Could one of them get to something like that?
Nope theres no rope or string anywhere near them. Could it be them trying to eat my hair? Maybe they acually are getting strands I dont see? I was thinking straw bc I've seen them gobble down strands of straw multiple times.

So odd! My girls sometimes try to swallow straw after pulling and scrabbling in the nesting boxes but usually they walk around with it half in and half out until I pull it out or they hack it up. I have no idea how something like that made it through their crop and on through the rest of the plumbing! That would be a lot of hair!!

Most likely.
Have seen these before when they have access to straw/hay/grass.
Nope first time. I know its gross but I did look at it and saw like straw strands I guess that's what you would call it, well strands inside of it like hair strands but it was straw so that's why it think it was straw

Something happened in the run today that made me think of your weird poop. It might be undigested feathers. I've got a couple of young hens who love to eat feathers. Usually it's short fluffy ones but I have seen them try to swallow bigger feathers. Wondered if that might be your situation too?

Back
Top Bottom