Weird Smelling and Looking Poo

Palinor

Songster
Sep 10, 2017
Columbia, CA
We have three chicks (they are about two months old) and one of them has this weird colored poo and it smells really bad. Is this normal? Should I take her to the vet? I'm still not sure which one it is yet. We have an easter egger or ameracauna, speckled sussex, and a cuckoo maran
unnamed.jpg

That looks a little suspicious for possibly being the start of coccidiosis. I would get some Corid powder or liquid from your feed store as soon as possible, and start treatment for all chicks at once. Dosage is 1 1/2 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water as their only source of water for 7 days. Make sure especially that the sick little one drinks well or help her drink.

That looks a little suspicious for possibly being the start of coccidiosis. I would get some Corid powder or liquid from your feed store as soon as possible, and start treatment for all chicks at once. Dosage is 1 1/2 tsp of the powder or 2 tsp of the liquid per gallon of water as their only source of water for 7 days. Make sure especially that the sick little one drinks well or help her drink.
I'm not sure which one is sick. They all seem to be acting fine. I have some corid from my older girls so I'll start the chicks on it

If any appear hunched or are sleepy and not eating, I would get them drinking the Corid water. Good luck, and I hope it is not serious. Cecal poops can be very smelly and gelatinous, but best to be safe with Corid. It can be more common when there are multiple age birds.

If any appear hunched or are sleepy and not eating, I would get them drinking the Corid water. Good luck, and I hope it is not serious. Cecal poops can be very smelly and gelatinous, but best to be safe with Corid. It can be more common when there are multiple age birds.
Gotcha. They seem ok but I'll start them on it anyway

Back
Top Bottom