Weird soft eggs all of a sudden?

No eggs or globs of any kind since the water balloon egg and the glob! She is back to being peppy and chirpy and curious. Maybe a hint of sluggishness, but nothing like she was a few days ago. Thank goodness! :thI know ducks don't have a menstrual cycle, but that's exactly what she was acting like. She's been wolfing down her romaine and meal worms and is eating the layer crumbles again, but I think I might move her back to the starter protein food after I'm done with this bag. It IS October, so maybe she's just decided she is done laying eggs for the year, and understandably so! :p I would be, too! I did pick up some Hydro-Hen the other day just in case, but she hasn't needed it yet, and I was slightly hesitant to give her anything with salt in it.
So far, she seems back to her usual self! I've been home all day yesterday and all day today, and my schedule next week will be much more normal, so we'll all be happier. Maybe she just wanted to make me worry! :p Thanks for checking! Just as I was going to post an update, I saw that you had asked! We are on the same wavelength, @Miss Lydia! :hugs Now, if I can just get her and Downey to get along with their children, we'll be good. One miracle at a time, though! :lau

Last edited:
It very well could be that was the last hooray for the year. Mine have all just about come to a halt for the year. Some are in molt too. So hopefully a nice long rest for them over fall and winter.

Back
Top Bottom