Welcome from West Sussex, UK

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Hi there,

Good to hear that at least one member isn't too far away from me!

The rebuilt chicken coop is now nearing completion - the heavy snow held me up for quite a while, it felt too cold to get out to the shed which is 50 yards down the garden - but now it's almost finished. I will be re-using an old electronic doorkeeper which I bought many years ago direct from Germany (assuming it still works after years of disuse); this makes life much easier when going out to meetings in the evenings and returning after dark.

Do you have any good contacts with poultry breeders in the West Sussex area?

Good luck,

Alec.

alec
i have some buff sussex, lavander pekins, seramas. L/F i have naked neck, light sussex and indian game i hope to cross the indian game cock with my light sussex hens this year to get some meat birds... also have some hybrid layers and some ducks, i plan to hatch loads of ducks for the table
smile.png
and do another turkey for christmas... what breeds are you after?

Hi Kitchy1,

We will be looking as from 3rd March. As we are only getting 2 or 3 birds (only me and the wife in the family), we would really prefer hybrids so that we don't risk the odd eggless day in the winter. However, pure Light Sussex or Rhodes would be considered. Are you reasonably close? (sorry, I am writing this without checking your profile).

Alec

alec the spr centre near fontwell do hybrid birds for just over £10 each, the father inlaw got some from there and are good birds.... last time i looked a place in chichester does light sussex hens but are more pricey than the hybrids from spr. i am from storrington about 10 mins from midhuurst

Kitchy1- thanks for that. I knew David Bland of SPR from years back but didn't think of him - that is probably my best bet. I will give him advance warning - I remember he prefers that. Thanks, Alec.

Back
Top Bottom